2,507 total views, 16 views today
In today’s world, there is a lot of competition among the companies and sometimes one may have to stay late at night in the office or may even have to work all night. If such a scenario arises, and the owner has a pet, usually a cat or a dog, then their feeding may take a toll. It is, of course, possible to keep a servant for this work, but it may or may not be too economical for some of the middle-class office goers.
One also cannot leave the whole packet of the food open for the pet because they may overeat and the food also stands the risk of being infected by bugs or being spilled around in the house.
Since it is important for one to do their job and help their company at the time of the need, it is equally important to feed their pets so that they continue to grow properly and stay active. In order to solve this problem, many companies have come up with the idea of automatic pet feeders for cats and dogs.
This device is loaded with the food that needs to be given to the pet. After a certain time interval, the device releases the food into the bowl or container kept so that the pets can eat from it. One can program the device to release a certain amount of food at defined time intervals so that the pets can eat easily without much problem.
Advantages of having an automatic pet feeder:
- Can be used to control the diet of the pets.
- Keeps the food fresh.
- Provides food at regular intervals.
- Can be used to control the quantity of the food being given.
- Food is not wasted.
- Piques the interests of the pets.
- Can feed multiple pets at a time.
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Can be used to dispense wet and dry, both types of food.
- The size of the kibbles can be controlled.
- Helps in improving the behavior of the pets.
- A proper routine can be introduced into the lives of the pet
- One doesn’t need to wake up just to feed the pets.
- Comes with battery backups so that the pets continue to get food, even in case of power cut.
- Helps in preventing the pets from getting overweight and obese.
How I selected the best 10:
Choosing the best automatic pet feeder depends on the type of pet the owner has. The pet may be overweight, eats too fast or one who likes to experiment with everything they have. We have selected the automatic feeder based on these factors along with some additional features that make them the best among the rest.
10 best automatic pet feeders for cat & dog
This automatic pet feeder from PetSafe comes with a digital timer that can be used to set the feeding times for the pets and have five chambers in it so that multiple pets can be served and fed at the same time. The device is easy to use and also comes with a detailed user manual in case someone finds it difficult to operate. Being compact in size, it doesn’t take much space as well and can be easily cleaned in the dishwasher as well. The material of the construction is also safe and doesn’t cause any harm to the pets.
- The material used for the construction of the feeder is BPA-free plastic and doesn’t cause any harm to the animals.
- Can be easily washed in the dishwasher so one doesn’t have to worry about cleaning it.
- Contains 5 chambers in it so that one can feed multiple pets at a time. Each chamber has the capacity to hold 1 cup full of food so that each of the pets can be fed with sufficient food.
- The digital timer in the device helps in fixing the time intervals during which the pets need to be fed.
- Pets can be served at regular intervals.
- Multiple pets can be served at a time.
- Can be easily washed and cleaned in the dishwasher.
- Compact in size.
- Can be used to serve pets of any size.
- Can be used to feed wet food as well.
- Is battery powered so one doesn’t have to worry about the power cuts
- Time can be set in 24-hour format and 12-hour format, both.
- One has to purchase their own batteries.
- The product is very lightweight and small, so the animals can toy around with or even break it.
- One needs to keep any heavy weight on top of the device to prevent the pets from opening it.
A quality product from one of the reputed brands, this product form PetSafe can help in feeding your pet even when you are away. The device can be set to feed the pets for up to two days at regular time intervals. The device is great for controlling the diet of the pets so that they can stay healthy and active and gets sufficient nutrients at the same time. It can be easily washed in the dishwasher and is powered by batteries. It comes with a dial timer and has two compartments in it so that two pets can be served at a time.
- Has a dial timer which can be used to fix the interval at which the food needs to be served.
- Can be easily washed in the dishwasher and proper hygiene can be maintained.
- Is powered by batteries so one doesn’t have to worry about any power cuts and is economical as well.
- Can hold up to 1.5 cups of food in a chamber so there is no shortage of food for any of the pets.
- The construction is very stable and made of plastic that doesn’t break easily.
- Can be used to serve wet food as well.
- Can be used to set up the schedule of serving the food for up to two days.
- Can be easily washed in a dishwasher
- Sufficient quantity of food is served.
- Can be used to control the diet of the pets.
- Powered by batteries.
- Can be fixed to the wall in inverted position because of its shape.
- It is quite easy to operate.
- One need to purchase their own batteries
- Medium sized pets may be able to topple it.
- The top can be easily opened.
This is an advanced model of the automatic feeder and comes with lots of features which gives the owner lots of options to feed their pets. It has a digital timer which can be used to schedule up to 12 meals a day and the slow feed mode is used to dispense the food at a slower rate so that the pet doesn’t gulp down the food and vomit it out. The feeding bowl is made up of stainless steel and can be easily detached from the system to clean. The dispenser nozzle is made in such a way that the pets can’t access it easily.
- Has digital time, which can be used to schedule up to 12 meals a day.
- The dispenser nozzle is placed in such a place that it is hard to access for the pets.
- The feeder bowl is made up stainless steel and can be easily detached from the feeder so that it can be washed.
- The product comes with slow dispense technology so that the food is given out at a slow rate.
- The various quantities of food can be dispensed on the basis of the setting.
- Is run by a battery and can also be operated by power source as well.
- The slow dispenser technology is used to give food at a slower rate than usual to prevent gulping and vomiting.
- The bowl is made up of stainless steel and is healthier than plastic bowls.
- Can be run by battery as well as by the power sources.
- 12 meals can be scheduled at a time for a whole day.
- The dispenser nozzle is hidden properly.
- Can be easily disassembled.
- Has an anti-jam conveyor.
- The storage is hard to access
- One needs to buy their own batteries.
- Has only one feeder bowl.
- Maybe too complex to use for some.
- The device can be used to set up to 3 meals a day along with the quantity to be given in advance for a day.
- The device can be easily programmed on the LCD control panel.
- It also has a frequent feeding mode that allows the machine to dispense a small quantity of food at small time intervals so that the pet can eat regularly and feel content. It helps in maintaining a proper digestive system as well.
- The storage is snap-locked and the nozzle closes on its own and open only at the required time.
- Comes with a 3-year manufacturers guarantee.
- Can store a large amount of food at a time.
- The storage is safe and secured from the pets.
- Easy to program the machine.
- The frequent feed mode can be used to feed the pets at a small time interval.
- The bowl is detachable.
- The parts can be washed in the dishwasher.
- Runs on batteries.
- One need to buy their own batteries.
- Only one chamber is provided.
- Can be toyed around by the pets.
- One can record a personal 6-second message which can be anything from a sweet message to an instruction or a reminder.
- The 6 chambers can be used to pack different food items for a single pet to be fed at different time intervals or same food items for multiple pets, though it is more suited for a single pet.
- One can schedule up to 6 feedings per day.
- The LCD clock is inbuilt and the device can be easily programmed.
- Different type of food type can be served in the device.
- The device is provided with 6 chambers.
- Easily washable in the dishwasher.
- Each of the chambers is protected with a lid lock to keep the food fresh and safe until the designated time.
- One can give a personal touch by recording a 6-second message for their pets.
- The user manual is easy to understand and the device can be easily programmed.
- Runs on batteries
- Great for indoor use.
- The device can be easily toyed by the animals and carry the risk to be broken
- One has to purchase their own batteries.
- Not suitable for outdoor use.